Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Comes Early for Spring Fanboy



Wednesday I leave balmy Ohio (currently 38 degrees with showers) for Hollywood, FL (currently 82 degrees). Weather aside, I am extremely excited as I'm going there for the Spring Experience conference. As big a fanboy as I am with Spring, I'm somewhat daunted by the sheer volume of information that will be coming at me this week. There are 70 1.5 hour sessions crammed into 3 full days and I've got more than a passing interest in attending about 50 of them.

TSE is organized by Jay Zimmerman of NoFluffJustStuff fame, so I've got high expectations. I've been to NFJS conferences the last four years and every time I come back to work re-energized and armed with a bevy of new tools and techniques that are immediately applicable to my daily work. NFJS typically brings only noted authors and thought leaders in as speakers for these conferences and this one is no different with Rod Johnson, Juergen Hoeller, Rob Harrop, Ben Alex, Ramnivas Laddad, and a slew of other Spring contributors and experts speaking at the conference.

I'm going to have the laptop with me and battery willing, I'll be able to share my impressions throughout the conference.

Time to get packing. Now where did I put the old banana hammock...

No comments: