Wednesday, January 2, 2008

CodeMash Coming Up

I was fortunate enough last year to attend CodeMash in it's inaugural event. I can say without a doubt that it is the most unique conference I've had the pleasure of attending. I'm somewhat odd in that I code daily in .NET and Java and usually play with Ruby in the wee hours of the evenings. CodeMash is the only conference I know of where I can go to sessions for all of these topics and still learn about other topics like Python, Groovy, Android, etc...

The speakers aren't just slobs off the street either. Neal Ford, Jim Weirich, Bruce Eckel, and many others will present at CodeMash this year. Always cool to go to a session of someone whose book you have on your shelf. Being able to see speakers of this caliber for less than $200 does not happen often.

I'm always up for a beer after the sessions, so let me know if you'll be attending. I'll get Mark Blankenship to buy us a round.

Oh, and did I mention it's at a waterpark? That's right, 2 conferences within a month for me where I get to hammock up!

No comments: