Monday, October 6, 2008

Looking for Smart People

I tend to mention my company, Quick Solutions, very little in order to keep some sense of journalistic integrity with this blog. Unfortunately, I'm not a journalist so I'm going to skip the pretense for at least one post.

I started working at Quick Solutions 5 years ago this month for the sole reason that I was largely unchallenged in my daily job. My thinking at the time was consulting would expose me to a variety of businesses, technologies, and projects. I was fortunate enough to prove my commitment to the company and demonstrate a sufficient breadth of knowledge that I was offered an opportunity to work within the solutions group. At the time I thought that the only difference was the type of work (project versus role based consulting).

I quickly realized however that there was something else about the group that was different. This group was choc-ful-o-geeks. And I mean that in the most sincere way possible. Conversations within the group revolved around continuous integration offerings, Java and .NET trade offs, best practices for SOA, and dynamic language use instead of the typical bitching about a lack of requirements and rehashing of the previous night's reality show. The group was filled not necessarily with Mensa members, but instead with very bright software engineers who cared about their craft. Egos are checked at the door and you could be sure that every person in the door shared a passion and ability to learn that tends to permeate good software developers.

Our company has grown throughout the years and even in a downturn of the economy, we are in dire need of people who meet the above description. If you like working with smart, passionate people please drop me a line. We are always looking to bring people in who show a passion for technology, an ability to learn, and a nack for solving problems. Additionally, if your specialty is Java development, I can give you your choice of 3 different, exciting projects, right now.

If you think you meet these criteria and are interested in working with more people of your ilk, email me at tkaufman at quicksolutions.com.

No comments: